Friday, August 3, 2007

World Premiere

Our world premiere screening was a success last night! I was really surprised at how many people showed up to see the movie. A bunch of people I had met randomly over the last few days, as I went around town talking about the film, actually showed up!

We did have a minor issue with sound though. About half way through the movie the sound started going out of sync with the picture! I couldn't believe it! I quickly made an announcement to the audience that we were going to stop the movie and switch to the DVD, and then it took forever to cue up the DVD! It was so stressful! It really sucked that we had to stop the movie because it totally ruins the cinematic experience for the audience, although people didn't seem to make a big deal out of it. Once we resumed the movie everything was fine.

I did a Q & A afterward and everyone said nice things about the movie. So I guess for our first festival screening it went as well as it could have, and I'm happy about that.

I'm here for a couple more days and then it's back to the real world on Monday.

-Anthony

No comments: