Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Skeeball

Gene and I went to this bar on the lower east side called The Crocodile Lounge, where we hope to shoot the film, and shot some test footage with my little Canon ZR800. The game room is situated nicely in the back of the bar away from the crowds, so it offers a sense of isolation that I think is key for the film. The footage I shot looks grainy, grimy, raw, and dirty. Just the way I like it.

With Running Funny finished I'm itching to make another film, but in a different way than I'm used to. I wrote a 10 page script, but it's going to be more of a blueprint for the actors to improvise with in rehearsal. And through those improvisations, the script will hopefully come to life. It'll be an interesting experiment in filmmaking and I'm pretty excited about it.

Production will hopefully begin in late September or early October. Stay tuned for more info.

-Anthony

No comments: