Wednesday, August 1, 2007

One more day!

Tomorrow is the big day. The official "World Premiere" of Running Funny on the festival circuit. I am really really really excited/nervous about the screening. I've spent the last four days trying to get as many people as possible to come to the movie. I put up posters all over Falmouth and Woods Hole, handed out postcards to random people I've met at bars, bookstores, on park benches, and at other screenings at the festival. Promoting a movie is a little exhausting because I'm trying to convince people I don't know to come see this little movie I made, but I hope it pays off tomorrow.

I saw a couple of movies last night and then went to a festival party at a bar/restaurant in Falmouth and hung out with a bunch of the volunteers who are working at the festival. They are all so supportive of independent film. It's pretty amazing that they give up a week of their lives to work their asses off, when they could be on vacation somewhere. I'm definately grateful that they're doing it. Thanks Woods Hole staff!

I did manage to spend some time at the beach yesterday, which was cool, but I got sunburned, which sucked, so I'm spending most of today indoors.

-Anthony

No comments: