Sunday, August 12, 2007

Rocket Science and Skeeball

I saw this great new movie called "Rocket Science" this weekend. It's about a kid from New Jersey with a really bad stutter who joins his high school debate team to impress a girl he likes. It's a really funny off-beat little comedy that reminded me of the classic, "Rushmore." Go see it!

I also saw Shane Meadows' new movie, "This is England" at the IFC Center which was also really good. So many good movies to see! I wish I had time to see them all!

In other news, Gene Gallerano and I are making a short film called "Skeeball." It's about two people who accidentally meet in a bar, play skeeball, and hang out for a little while. We're both really excited about this little experiment. Stay tuned for more updates about that in the coming weeks.

"Running Funny" will be screening on September 5th at 8pm at The Anthology Film Archives in New York City. Visit www.newfilmmakers.com for more info.

-Anthony

No comments: