Monday, July 2, 2007

Finishing Up

Thanks to my brilliant new sound mixer, Jesse Flower-Ambroch, we are finally finishing the sound mix on "Running Funny." It's been a long, long, long, long process, and I am so relieved that it's finally coming to an end. The movie has been stuck in limbo for the last several months with an incomplete soundtrack, and it's been really frustrating to not have the movie finished. Since I don't have thousands of dollars to go into a professional studio and pay someone to do the mixing, I have to rely on the kindness of strangers to help me finish my movie. It's just that sometimes those "nice people" turn out to be the complete opposite and hinder the progress of your movie instead of helping to progress it. There are good people out there who will want to help you make your movie. The hard part is finding them.

I brought Max and Gene into Jesse's home studio tonight to do some additional ADR work, which will really help the movie sound a lot better. It was a lot of fun to see those two guys together again -- they seriously are like the odd couple in a lot of ways. It's hilarious.

Are there any good movies out? I think I'm the only guy in the world who isn't psyched to see "Transformers."

Anyway. Hopefully the next time I post a blog I will finally have a finished film in my hands. Keep your fingers crossed!

-Anthony

No comments: