Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Unforgiven


I watched "Unforgiven" a few days ago for my screenwriting class, and it affirmed for me that Clint Eastwood is one of the best filmmakers alive, if not THE best. His direction is superb, and beautifully reflects the excellent screenplay written by David Webb Peoples. I love how so much characterization is conveyed in very simple lines like, "Yeah. I guess." Wow.

I'm going to see Eastwood's new movie "Changeling" at the New York Film Festival in a few weeks, and I'm hoping to get a chance to shake that man's hand. By the way, whatever happened to Jaimz Woolvett? He gives a GREAT performance as The Schofield Kid, and should've been offered a dozen other great roles after Unforgiven, but he disappeared. The moment in the film when he kills one of the cowboys is one of the best in the entire film.

No comments: