Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Back from Williamstown!

I got back from the Williamstown Film Festival on Sunday, and we had a great time! We woke up early on Saturday morning to participate in the "Theater Into Film" breakfast seminar. It was cool to hear everyone's experience making the film and it definately brought back a lot of memories from the shoot.

Louis was absolutely hilarious! Apparently he turned down a major role in Steven Spielberg's next movie in order to do Running Funny. I think he was kidding. Louis is the greatest guy and I feel really lucky that I got a chance to work with him.

Our screening went really well and we did a Q&A afterwards and everyone had nice things to say. I was really happy that the cast was there with me. There was a feeling of comraderie among us that was really nice.

On Saturday night we all went to the "Grace is Gone" screening. What a powerful film. I really appreciated the spareness of it. It was refreshing to see such a subtle and moving film. I got a chance to speak to the director, James Strouse, afterwards and told him how much I enjoyed his work. He actually heard about Running Funny and said he was interested in seeing it!

So anyway, back to the real world. We're screening at the New Jersey Film Festival on November 16th and hopefully many other festivals after that.

Stay tuned...

-Anthony

No comments: